Blind Transfer - If you wish to simply blind transfer a call to another extension perform the steps below
- While on an active call press the transfer button and the call will be put on hold for the other party.
- Dial the extension, external number or ring group to which you wish to transfer and press # to call
- The call will hang up on your extension and be routed to the other number. The party that was on hold will now hear a ringing tone
Assisted Transfer - If you wish to talk to the person before transferring the call perform the steps below
- While on an active call press the hold button and the call will be put on hold for the other party.
- Dial the extension, external number or ring group to which you wish to transfer and tell them you are about to transfer a call and hang up
- Go back and resume the on hold call and perform the blind transfer steps above
Parking Lot - to put a call on hold and call the person to which you are transferring to tell them who is calling
- While on an active call press the transfer button and dial the parking lot access number 70 and press #.
- You will now hear played back the lot number allocated for the call on hold usually between 71-78. You can hang up as the call is safely on hold in the parking lot.
- Call the person you wish to transfer to and let them know which slot number is holding the call. You can hang up from them now also.
- The person being transferred to then dials this lot number and picks up the call.
Programmable Keys and Parking Lot
- If you have phones with programmable keys with indicator lights then these keys are often used for speed dials and extensions. They can also be used to reference the parking lot numbers and used to handle familiar call on hold type interactions.
- If you had 4 free programmable keys on each phone then you could map these to the extension numbers 71-74.
- You could then call these buttons line 1,2,3 and 4. Now when on a call press the pre programmed park button. The call will be placed directly in lot 71,72,73 or 74 based on which button you pressed and hang up from your end.
- The button you pressed should light up (or change from green to red) to indicate the call is on hold in that parking lot.
- Now call the person you wish to transfer to and let them know the call indicated on parking lot X is on hold for them. Hang up.
- They press the glowing button for lot X and pick up the call.
NOTE: If you have a phone that doesn't have a transfer button then ## will act as transfer function while on a call. *2 can be used as an assisted transfer where you can hang up to transfer the call after speaking with the person you are transferring to.